We are starting a process of looking at the New Zealand Electronic Text Collection.
Over the last couple of years we have tinkered around the edges giving it a new url, rebranding and shifting to a new server environment. We are now however due for an overhaul of the site from the bottom up.
We have a number of aims with this overhaul:
- Presenting our information in a better more user friendly manner.
- Making the site more responsive to corrections.
- Ensuring the future of the environment so that the underlying core infrastructure is robust and flexible.
- Enhancing the usability of the resources.
- Engaging with the users through the ability for community annotations and comments.
- Ensuring that the site delivers metadata in a way that engages with the semantic web.
- Better integration with the library web presence.
What I am looking for with this post is twofold.
Firstly I am looking for comments from users about what they currently use the NZETC for and also what they dislike about the NZETC. What would users like to see the NZETC do?
Secondly, as I am researching our options for the NZETC, I am interested in other sites that are doing similar things. If you know of any cool sites let me know. Also I would be interested in hearing about people’s experiences with different types of infrastructure.