The NZETC is proud to announce 8 new texts in our Tidal Pools Pacific collection. 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of Samoan Independence from New Zealand administration and this addition to the collection provides an account of important events prior to independence.
Readers interested in the Samoan language will also find a French and English Samoan dictionary and Thomas William Whitson's account of life in Tonga, Samoa and Fiji.
Reverend John Hunt's specimen book of native paper contains excellent examples of Pacific Tapa cloth and art.
* The Samoan Massacre: December 28th, 1929
* The Truth About Samoa by Olaf Frederick Nelson
* Samoa at Geneva : Misleading the League of Nations : A Commentary on the Proceedings of the Permanent Mandates Commission at its Thirteenth Session held at Geneva in June, 1928 by Olaf Frederick Nelson
* The Revolt of the Samoans by Henry Edmund Holland
* Samoa: A Story That Teems With Tragedy by Henry Edmund Holland
* Dictionnaire Samoa-Francais-Anglais et Francais-Samoa-anglais : precede d'une grammaire de la langue samoa by Louis Violette
* A Cruise In The Islands: Tonga, Samoa, Fiji by Thomas William Whitson
* Specimens of Native Paper from Tongo [sic] and Fiji by Reverend John Hunt
The aim of the collection is to provide texts of interest to researchers investigating Pacific history, language, culture and politics.