These six volumes were published between 1897 and 1908, and present a glimpse of life in New Zealand at the turn of the twentieth century. There are around 20,000 people profiled in these texts, many of whom have biographical notes and photographs providing a snapshot of their activities and achievements.
The six volumes are:
- Volume 1. Wellington Provincial District. Published 1897
- Volume 2. Auckland Provincial District. Published 1902
- Volume 3. Canterbury Provincial District. Published 1903
- Volume 4. Otago and Southland Provincial Districts. Published 1905
- Volume 5. Nelson, Marlborough and Westland Provincial Districts. Published 1906
- Volume 6. Taranaki, Hawke's Bay and Wellington Provincial Districts. Published 1908
We hope that having these texts online in a structured digitial form will present a great resource for researchers and genealogists.